United Hardware introduces its "We're Growing!" program, designed to support our dealers who wish to open an additional store or undertake a meaningful expansion of their existing store. The program elements are designed to assist the dealers in several aspects of their expansion project, from conceptualization and design to assortment planning and the stores grand opening. Throughout the process, United Hardware will offer support to the dealer in both a consecutive role and a financial partner.
The elements of United Hardware's assistance can include any or all of the following:
- conduct a Real-Profit Management study, including strategic mapping, demographic research, site analysis, competitor store evaluation, comparison price analysis, dealer store evaluation, product assortment planning, business plan and development, financial planning, etc.
- furnish store planning and engineeering services, including floor plans and layout, fixture assortment selection assistance, fixture information, assortment stocking, etc.
- help the dealer select a point-of-sale computer system and provide financing for its purchase, with the opportunity to have a portion of its financial debt forgiven based on incremental merchandise purchases.
- help the dealer select interior and exterior signage and provide financing for its purchase, with the opportunity to have a portion of the financing debt forgiven based on incremental merchandise purchases.
- help the dealer select and provide financing for the stores opening stock order of paint products, in cooperation with The Valspar Corporation.
- help the dealer select and provide financing for the stores opening stock order of all other product categories by providing dating on all warehouse merchandise in the order, subject to an agreed-upon order size limit.
- help the dealer conduct the grand opening event for the new store or expansion by providing personal assistance, free or discounted grand opening circulars, prize drawing merchandise, etc.
- help ease the dealers burden of paying for a new store or expansion by forgiving a portion of the cost of the opening stock order, subject to certain conditions such as the stores account being current.
- help the dealer finance the new store or expansion project by providing financing in the form of a promissory note in an amount not to exceed the value of the dealers Class A Shares, repayable over up to five years and at a favorable interest rate.
The United Hardware personnel who will work on the "Were Growing!" program look forward to meeting with interested dealers to explain the program details and to begin working with them to build new and expanded stores.